Thursday, June 11, 2020

#NOTEPAD

.
I love childhood for many things
Fantasies are real and reality seems fake
You play with the world
And get serious with toys

But I hate childhood for a thing
In this fools paradise
A wrong kick 
Can burst the bubble of dreams

Never mind young lad
Play and play for all you care
Wear your happy face
And smile to the little wonders the world offers

Play and play for all you care
For God watches your young feet and soul
So every bubble you kick won't be killed dreams
But a burst of amazing surprises
That will add color
To your childhood story.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I've heard and read good stories, coupled with experience I've had every reason to say youth is fun. I love youth. It's the only time of your life where you get to enjoy the fools paradise of believing you can do anything. Of course you can but it's easier said than done.

You get to feel like a god. What's more? The crown of responsibility sits on your head and like you've always wanted as a child, you're in control.

Youthfulness is a very wonderful package. So much to make you happy. So much to make you laugh. So much to make you dance. All of these with every energy you'll need to experience and explore everything.

Enjoying youth is no crime at all. For all I know, there's not yet a prisoner that was convicted for that. 

Although slippery, speedy and snaky, the path of enjoying your youth is well defined and the ride is running at the speed of light.

Light is speed and like speed itself; every wrong turn, every wrong push, every wrong aim is a certain disaster and that's what you don't want.

Everyone keeps saying it. There's a thin line between enjoying youth and ruining life and you will never know when you've crossed it. It's just like dying in your sleep, you mistake the afterlife for a dream until it's too late.

I didn't write this because I'm a saint or because I'm done with my own ride or to sound like some hypocrite or something. I'm still riding too and I hope and pray I'll get to tell the story of my ride one day.

In the end. It might be two decades from now or more. It might be to my grandkids or students. It might be in a family dinner or a birthday. It might and it might never be but I pray it should and it should come with smiles and an exhausted to-do list. I hope you do too. Old age will be more fun than youth provided we ride well. Trust me.


© Ifiokobong Etuk
(KING of the QUILL)

No comments:

Post a Comment