Friday, April 17, 2020

Dear Lover series


POISON

The love you gave me was poison
Killing my senses and blinding my thinking
So I fell dead over your lifeless Love

I died slowly and sweetly
On the arms of my killer
Because he was dressed in the costume of a lover

I got know too late
That there's nothing like a love portion
It's just poison in a well told lie for a vial.

DEAR LOVER

Our love was never a table top
I was never good in economics of the heart so
Equilibrium was absent

Our love was a see-saw
One up and the other down
You were up on your mistress
On the heights of her moans

I was down

Thinking deep
Until I got a head shot
From a bottle of snipper

So let this poem show the structure of our love
In unequal verses

© Ifiokobong Etuk
 (KING of the QUILL)

Picture Credit: Internet

1 comment:


  1. I was never good in economics of the heart so
    Equilibrium was absent

    Nice words

    ReplyDelete